PDA

View Full Version : Would you cancel a job before using Polyblend Grout Renew?

alazo1
08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
What do you say?. You know the last minute jobs or the ones that you accidently failed to order your favorite? Does it hold up?

Albert

JohnRupich
08-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Put it off and do it right. Blame it on FedEx

saboyt
08-16-2010, 09:59 PM
i would use polyblend before aquamix. I put down some polyblend about 2 years ago in a hallway and it is still holding up fine. Clean up is just as easy as any of the others. I would put it off if i could but if not, use the polyblend.

ridgerunner
08-17-2010, 02:33 PM
wait

keep your standards

Eric J
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
would I cancel the job, no. I would re-scehdule it and order the proper stuff

CaryCassidy
08-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Re-schedule.

This is the type of thing that will come back and bite you in the butt every time.

markdb77
02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I just finished an install where the Polyblend grout came out way too light. Custom Building Products tech support is sending me the Polyblend Grout Renew color seal free of charge.

Does this product produce bad results? If so, what is a good color seal product?

Thanks

Eric J
02-17-2011, 09:49 PM
I just finished an install where the Polyblend grout came out way too light. Custom Building Products tech support is sending me the Polyblend Grout Renew color seal free of charge.

Does this product produce bad results? If so, what is a good color seal product?

Thanks

it is not a "good" color sealer. It is more of a installers grout stain. Not really thought of for its sealing abilities.

Go with Color Clad for Maximum Protection and color.

saboyt
02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Mark, i have used the polyblend grout renew once before. I thought it looked very painted. The grout lines did not look like grout and you couldn't really see the sand in the grout. I personally didn't think it was hard to apply or remove from the tile but i didn't like the end result. The cost of the colorclad colorseal is very cheap per sq ft. I think it would be worth it to pay the difference and give the customer a GREAT job instead of a painted on look.

Caulkmaster
02-18-2011, 05:36 PM

Thanks

I have used it multiple times, one of the times was the same deal as yours. CBP tech support sent us a couple of bottle's of charcoal grout renew. (800 + s.f. brick pattern floor grouted with Prism charcoal, dried horrible and we did it per directions)
I think it does an "ok" job like the others have mentioned. It smells a little funny.
TOG, Grout Perfect, Grout Shield, ColorClad are all significantly better imo.

How many square ft do you have to do?

Mike

Surface Dr
02-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Click on the Color Clad add on this page or talk to Steve or Mike, but get the best product out there. The "Caukmaster" said it well.

markdb77
02-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I took the advice and called Mike at Grouterra. He was extremely helpful.

When using this product, does it dry or cure to a slightly different color than when applied?

I am trying to get my colors mixed today.

Also, they tech at CBP instructed me to scrub the grout with sulfamic acid before applying the PolyBlend. I am going to use the ColorClad, but is this step necessary?
The grout is new, unsealed and has been down for about a week.

Thanks

Mr Coatings Guy
02-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I talked to Mark shortly after he posted this message, so I will recap here what I told him.

The color will dry darker (he is doing a taupe color).

He is coloring the floor because the original color from the install was uneven. The surface of the grout is suspect because of the uneven color, so the acid wash is advised to open up the surface a bit. Can't hurt.

Caulkmaster
02-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, cant hurt.
May be over kill depending on how bad it dried. Ours would have been a pain because it was a pretty big floor.

The job that I was referring to with customs prism Charcoal was pretty chalky looking and we colorsealed it with their grout renew and it took just fine. It was probably a week-10 days old and the customers had been taking off there shoes so it wasn't dirty at all.

Mike